Wednesday 23 July 2008

The Mushrooms

The Mushrooms were a garage/rock n'roll band from Thessaloniki, Greece that lived and created in the mid-80's. During this time of their short life, the Mushrooms delivered two gems of albums that are included in the top moments of Greek rock n'roll ever. Asklipios Zampetas, guitarist, later joined the legendary Greek punk rockers Trypes, while vocalist Pluto was found dead in 2004 after a lethal drug overdose.


Taste of (1986)

1. Taste of the Mushrooms
2. Swinging Child of the Tide
3. Yard of My Head
4. Downstairs Drops
5. Subnormal Night
6. Deviation

7. Yellow Moon

8. Rain

9. Human Replica


format: mp3
bitrate: 192kbps
Download



Scarecrow Princes (1987)

1. Midnight Love
2. Cinderella Blues
3. Sleeping in the Lizard's Mouth
4. Happy Hellbound
5. Scarecrow Princes
6. Juana
7. Nightride
8. Death Escalator

format: mp3
bitrate: 192kbps
Download

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that Pluto has left us.
I met him in a bar called Berlin in Thessaloniki back in 1987 ( i was 15 then and have gone from Pristina to buy few records and a pair of black Converse). He introduced himself as Daz and said something magicaly seductive to me. We were in touch for few years and loved each other dearly and platonicly. Last I heard,,,he had a baby with a woman i share a name with. I hope they are both well and safe.
Pluto, Daz, George, Yiorgos . . . all his incarnations were pure and gentle. He was a lonely and beautiful soul and i`m privileged to have spend some time with. He gave me a copy of,The Taste of . . . (sadly all my records were lost during the war)
These days,everytime i hear The Killing Moon or Under Your Mushroom i remember . . . . . . . . .
Love, I

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...