Friday 23 January 2009

The Bahareebas

Zurich-based band the Bahareebas play an eclectic mix of rough 60s surf & garage. They’re inspired by pretty much everything they come across and try to get all these variations into their compositions. Since the early 2008 on the road as a quartet, the Bahareebas try to go back to the very roots of the odd 60s musicscenes. Is it the utterly precise surfguitar of Gigi Galante? The mad fuzz of Phil de Gaulle? The knacking basslines of Sevi Sousol? Or the highflying sticks of Sam LaFontaine? It sure is the blend of everything that gives the bahareebas the true sound they play.








Jellyfishing (2005)

1. Superkings
2. Dunewalk

3. Vampire Beach

4. Lollipop Whore

5. Karate Island

6. Back to Details

7. Winona

8. Safran

9. Umba

10. Ocean Cowboy's Last Ride

11. Don't Steal My Show

12. Robo Shark in Gefahr


320kbps mp3
Download



Last Night I Saved the Galaxy (2007)

1. The Invasion
2. Asian Quicksoup
3. Viareggio Allnighter
4. My Baby Left Me
5. Surfertronic
6. Echelon
7. Susanne Marianne
8. Last Night I Saved the Galaxy
9. Il Pleut a Montreux
10. Big Mistake
11. Peterheater
12. Mathar
13. When the Summer Ends

VBR mp3
Download


1 comment:

Antarktikos said...

Hello, I've found your blog to be most righteous, as I've been looking for someone blogging with an ear for garage rock. Keep it up, I added you to my blog roll and will surely be shilling you soon. http://spacerockmountain.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...